Saturday 1 November 2014

October homework assignment: Halloween at home



It seems that the lovely Professor has chosen another theme that suits me just perfectly. Being as I just had a baby ten weeks ago, I haven't been on many nights out lately, so I can tell you all about my homely celebrations. I was eating a toffee apple the other day, and because it's something I only do once a year at this very time, it got me thinking about other seasonal habits I have that I always associate with Halloween, my favourite holiday. I'm not going out this year because my other half is a bouncer and therefore working,  plus I have no babysitter, if I can't spend the night woth Rob then I didn't really see the point in doing anything at all. I also can't decorate because we still live with his parents and there is no space for anything. Ever. So heres my little "Halloween checklist" of things I wanted to do in the week leading up to Halloween.

  • Eat a toffee apple. Something I always remember doing as a child, as soon as they came on sale in the shops I would be begging my mum to let me have one and scoff it down in the car on the way home. 
  • Carve a pumpkin.
Not all that original but this mama doesn't do sculpture for a reason.


  • Watch as many halloween films as I can in one week. Well, my favourites at least.
  • Bake something Halloweeny.
Chocolate and orange cupcakes. It's also my other half's birthday today so they're sort of for him.

  • Try an orange eyeshadow. I had a bright orange eyeshadow sitting unused in my Sleek Matt palette and decided now was the perfect time to experiment. In all honesty, I don't actually like orange that much and feel as though it's a bit of a difficult colour to pull off, so I took to Pintrest for some inspiration and this is what I came up with:



  • Go halloween shopping. I managed to score some cool leggings in Primark, but was disappointed that all they had in this year was leggings and t-shirts because I got a really cute ghostie jumper last year.

  • Put Reegan in her Halloween outfit. I shall replace my urge to decorate the home by decorating my child. Ha!

This is only one of her spooky oufits because she has a couple. The bib says: "my first spooky halloween"

Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween this year! I felt very productive indeed!

17 comments:

  1. Your little one is just too adorable and that eyeshadow looks awesome on you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol my little one has 2 skeleton outfits and a pumpkin outfit. We couldn't decide what to do. He also could have gone as Marshall Lee (Adventure Time) or Freddy Krueger since we have clothing like theirs. We ended up with the pumpkin onesie and a skeleton coat. It was ridiculously chilly and rainy this year.
    Your little skeleton looks so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Sounds so cute! I put her in her skeleton outfits all the time, and her spiderweb ones and people say its not Halloween yet, but why not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you did a list for yourself! I'm going to try to remember to do that next year. I pack in as much as I can but it would feel nice to be a bit more organized.

    Cute costume and bib!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the list made me feel so much more accomplished! Even though I didn't go out and celebrate Halloween I still did a lot of festive stuff during that week

      Delete
  5. Ah, the First Halloween is indeed a Special Memory! Congratulations on your Beautiful One! Hope you can take a tumble down my Halloween Rabbit Hole...

    http://bohemianvalhalla.blogspot.com/2014/10/halloween-blog-party-2014.html

    Happy Halloween and Dia de los Muertos Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWW REEGAN! SO CUTE! I think it's great that you concentrated on the simple and nostalgic things. You know, that's the stuff your baby will always remember. And toffee apple -- hell yeah. We have caramel apples here and they are the BOMB. You look wonderful in orange eyeshadow BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! A special time of year for the whole family :) I think they are the same thing, they are coated in caramel but over here they are called toffee for some strange reason. Thanks, I wasn't brave enough to venture out like that but at least I know I can! Haha.

      Delete
  7. I love your daughter's outfit, and your tights!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! And happy Halloween to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woow! amazing Halloween day!! congrats ;-)
    see u soon and keep in touch
    xoxo
    KS

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWW i'll love to make halloween this year, :( but i have not money that days, anyway is not common in my country to celebrate Halloween, oh!! and your Hair looks fantastic!! i loooved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If its not that common where you live all the more reason to celebrate! Whu not be different :) I didn't have a lot of money either since having a baby ( I'm sure you know what thats like!) But pumkins and baking ingredients are nice and cheap :D and thankyou!

      Delete
  11. Those cupcakes look delicious! And I love your baby's outfit!

    ReplyDelete